Careless Smoking; Porch Fire Quickly Extinguished

April 19, 2020

HIGHTSTOWN, NJ (MERCER)–A small fire on a porch was quickly contained in the 400 Block of Stockton Street tonight. Around 8:50 pm a passerby reported smoke from a building and called 9-1-1 alerting the police and fire departments.

Upon arrival it was found that a wicker type chair was on fire on the porch and was able to be quickly extinguished. The Hightstown Fire Marshal has ruled the cause “Careless Smoking”

Hightstown Fire Company, East Windsor Fire Company and Cranbury Fire Company and Hightstown Police Department responded.