June 24, 2020
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, NJ (MERCER)–On June 23, 2020, Hamilton Police Detectives initiated an investigation from a complaint regarding a Facebook post that originated from the Mercer County Board of Elections. The observed posting was viewed on the Hamilton Township Facebook page and posted by a female that stated “Let’s blow them up.” The comment was in regards to the posting of the locations of the Primary Election ballot boxes.
It was determined by Hamilton Police Detectives during the investigation that there was no viable or credible threat to any property or any ballot box in the Mercer County area.
Anyone with any information regarding this incident is asked to contact Detective Tom Clugsten at 609-581-4027 or the Hamilton Police Crime Tip Hotline at 609-581-4008.
Drop boxes are available if you prefer not to send the ballots through the mail. Locations of drop boxes were selected by the Mercer County Board of Elections at these locations:
- Hamilton Call Center, 5 Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. Way, Hamilton, NJ (next to the Hamilton Library)
- East Windsor Court, 80 One Mile Road, East Windsor
- Hopewell Township Administration Building, 201 Washington Crossing-Pennington Road, Titusville, NJ
- Trenton, Courthouse Annex, 209 S. Broad Street (in front), Trenton, NJ
- Princeton Municipal Building, 400 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ