August 26, 2020
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ — We are pleased to announce that we have received approval from Governor Murphy and state health officials to restart operations. Endless winter will resume at Big SNOW starting next Tuesday, September 1st and while we were happy to do our part to help flatten the curve, we can’t wait to get back to sliding on snow with all of you. A lot has changed in the world since we were last together and our team has spent these months re-inventing our team and guest experiences to ensure everyone’s safety when we re-open. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our new COVID-19 precautions and requirements by clicking through the link in our bio. Among the many changes you will see is that advance ticket purchases will be required, so if you would like to be among the first to get back on snow with us please head over to our site to plan your visit. BIG looks forward to welcoming you all back very soon.
We have missed you these past few months, but we have been using this time to make sure that we will be ready welcome you back, safely and responsibly to enjoy the snow with us this season.
Over these many weeks our team has worked tirelessly to re-imagine every step of our guest and team member journeys to be sure that everyone’s health and safety is ensured.
You will notice numerous changes to your Big SNOW experience when we reopen our doors, but our commitment to delivering you a unique and fun on-snow experience in a safe and welcoming environment remains the same.
Here are just some of the many health and safety changes you should be aware of prior to your next visit…
- Our team members will undergo daily health screenings and temperature checks prior to entering the facility, and have been trained thoroughly on all our new health and safety measures.
- We will be limiting the amount of face-to-face interactions you will need to have with our team onsite and we are requiring advanced online purchase for all snow park visits.
- To better allow for social distancing we will be limiting the number of guests allowed in the park and Shop at Big SNOW at any one time. We will also be limiting the amount of tickets sold per arrival session and ask that you arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled arrival time.
- We have instituted contactless scanning for arrival and entry into and out of the snow dome. Please have your receipts and media ready and follow the instructions provided.
- Face coverings will be required for all guests and team members at all times. Additionally, gloves will be required for all guests entering the snow. If you forget your gloves or mask, we will have them available for purchase at retail.
- You will notice an increased focus on cleaning and sanitization. All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly, this includes our counters, handrails, restrooms, seating areas and all rental equipment. As an extra precaution our retail associates will be utilizing UV lighting and steamers to sanitize any retail items that have been touched or tried on for sizing. We kindly ask that you try to limit the amount of surfaces you touch during your visit and make use of the hand sanitizer stations we have made available throughout the facility.
- We will be adhering to strict social distancing precautions. Please keep a minimum of 6 feet of distance between yourself and others and follow the guide signs we have placed throughout the facility to assist you in keeping good distance.
- As always, locker use remains included as part of your visit. To better assist with social distancing and sanitization we are limiting the amount of lockers in use at any one time, and encouraging guests to sit only where directed on our benches. Please look for and use only the lockers with a sanitization card inside them, and please dispose of this card upon use.
- For any guest renting with us, please know that all rental equipment will be sanitized after each guest use. As an added precaution we encourage guests to bring their own underlayers, socks and hats to be worn under our rental gear. Changing rooms are available and will be sanitized after each guest use.
- Please note that gloves are not provided with clothing rental and will be required for all guests entering the snow.
- Gloves and face coverings will be required for all guests entering the snow. Please be sure to scan yourself into the dome upon entry and out upon exit. While inside please adhere to all posted signage, lift riding requirements and social distancing markers.
- For the safety of our guests we are limiting the grouping of guests on our chair lift to only those guests who have arrived together. If you need assistance with using the lift please ask a team member for help.
- If you are a beginner, please take advantage of our Terrain Based Learning features and signage to help guide you through the use of the features with some helpful tips to get you started. If you need more assistance our Snow Guides will be stationed to provide you with some socially distant personalized assistance.
Keeping Big SNOW safe is everyone’s responsibility. Please help us and do your part by following these guidelines. With these precautions in place there is no reason why we can’t safely and responsibly enjoy the snow together. We look forward to welcoming you back.