December 30, 2020
By: Tyler Eckel
HAMILTON (MERCER): Hamilton Police received a call around 10:10pm for a possibly intoxicated driver in a red vehicle with Pennsylvania plates traveling on South Broad Street. The vehicle reportedly struck a traffic light and continued down South Broad Street towards the Whitehorse Circle with a blown out rear passenger side tire.
Hamilton Police intercepted the vehicle on Route 206 just past the Hamilton-Bordentown border and pulled the vehicle over. After conducting a field sobriety test, the driver was placed under arrest for driving under the influence.
**Keep this in mind for the upcoming holiday. Be smart when driving and use this advice previously issued by law enforcement agencies in NJ:
- Take mass transit, a taxi cab, or ask a sober friend to drive you home.
- Spend the night where the activity or party is held.
- If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact law enforcement. Your actions may save someone’s life, and inaction could cost a life.
- Always buckle up, every ride. It’s your best defense against an impaired driver.
- If you are intoxicated and traveling on foot, the safest way to get home is to take a taxi cab or have a sober friend or family member drive or escort you to your doorstep.
- Be responsible. If someone you know is drinking, do not let that person get behind the wheel.