January 18, 2021
ROBBINSVILLE, NJ (MERCER)— The Robbinsville Board of Education is seeking two (2) qualified candidates for membership to the Robbinsville School Board. The Board, within the powers delegated to it by law, is the policy-making legislative branch of the School District. These two positions to be filled will replace Shaina Ciaccio and Craig Heilman who resigned in December for personal reasons.
If appointed, the term will run through December 31, 2021. Both positions will be placed on the ballot for the annual election in November 2021; one for a full three-year term and the other for a one-year unexpired term.
Individuals considering applying, must meet the following qualifications:
• A citizen of the United States of America
• At least 18 years of age
• Able to read and write
• A resident of the Township of Robbinsville for at least one (1) year preceding the date of appointment
• Not directly/indirectly interested in a contract with a claim against the Board
• Registered to vote in the District
• Not disqualified as a voter pursuant to NJSA 19:4-1
• Has not been disqualified due to the conviction of a crime or offense listed in N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume by noon on February 3, 2021 to Nick Mackres Business Administrator/Board Secretary, Robbinsville Board of Education, 155 Robbinsville Edinburg Road, Robbinsville, NJ 08691 or via email: email@example.com
The Board of Education will review all qualifying applicants at the February 3rd Special Board Meeting at 5:00 p.m.
The Robbinsville Board of Education is an organization of elected citizens and residents living in the district. Once a member has been elected to the Board, they gain the right to vote on proceedings concerning the school district. The Board of Education is responsible for a wide variety of transactions and decisions that are made in the district. Robbinsville Township School District is comprised of an elementary school, middle school and high school providing services to over 3,200 students.