Carbon Monoxide Incident Resolved at Costco Warehouse

January 31, 2021

LAWRENCE TOWNSHIP, NJ (MERCER)–Just after 8:30 am employees reported an alarm sounding thought at the time to be a CO2 alarm (carbon dioxide) with two employees feeling ill and the store was evacuated. Lawrence Township Police, Lawrence Township EMS and firefighters from all three Lawrence Township fire companies responded to the scene. PSE&G arrived and tested the air using a multi gas meter and found 83 parts per million of CO (carbon monoxide) in an area of the building. Firefighters also arrived and found mostly negative readings until they were in an area of a stove. PSE&G and firefighters made the building save and the issue was resolved. The store was reopened and customers and employees returned to business as usual. The two employees that reported illness did not wish transport to the hospital. No further information was available.