April 9, 2021
WEST WINDSOR, NJ (MERCER)–West Windsor Emergency Services and Princeton Junction Fire Department responded to 3490 Route 1 North, Building 19 for a carbon monoxide alarm around 6:15 pm. Upon arrival firefighters using their meters reported that they were getting readings of 50,000 parts per million of carbon monoxide and a very high reading on a combustible gas meter. The building was evacuated and the West Windsor Services Hazardous Materials Team was called to the scene. The building was vented by opening doors and windows and circulating fresh air using positive pressure fans. The hazardous materials team cleaned up a spilled flammable liquid and placed in a salvage drum. There was no information available to the name of the liquid spilled. The incident was completed by 10:10 pm. No other information is available. Information is from witnesses, and on scene reporting if official information is released the story will be updated.