Roof Fire In Millstone Quickly Extinguished

May 4, 2021

MILLSTONE TOWNSHIP, NJ (MONMOUTH)–Around 2:47 p.m. the Millstone Township Fire Department was dispatched to 500 Route 33 West Bound for a roof fire with initial reports of workers trapped on the roof. Additional mutual aid was requested from Monroe Township, Manalapan, Freehold Township #1, and Englishtown. Hightstown Fire Company was requested as a RIT team. Upon arrival firefighters found a fire on the roof and workers trying to extinguish the fire using garden hoses and fire extinguishers, no workers were trapped on the roof. The building was laddered and the fire was extinguished.

It appears the fire started when workers set the roof on fire using propane torches on a roof replacement project. The Millstone Township Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the fire. The Millstone Township Construction Office was also notified and will respond. There were reports of workers working without a fire or construction permit for a torch-down roof repair-replacement.

No additional information is available at this time.