Trenton Fire Department Responds To Multiple Fires

May 6, 2021

TRENTON, NJ (MERCER)–It is a busy morning for the Trenton Fire Department has responded to at least three separate working fires this morning and even a fire last night.

The first fire of the morning was reported around 6:50 am in the 1st Block of Peace Street. Trenton firefighters arriving on location reported a three story end of a row with light smoke showing. Firefighters stretched a handline line to the basement and extinguished the fire. The incident commander requested the fire marshal and housing department to respond. There were reports there was another fire at that address overnight.

Another fire was reported shortly after 8:00 am in the 900 Block of West State Street. Firefighters arriving reported a fire in the basement and an “all hands” was called for sending additional equipment to the scene. Firefighters were met with a basement fire that was extending to the first floor and multiple handlines were stretched to combat the fire. There were reports of two residents with smoke inhalation and one was transported to the hospital by Trenton EMS.

One of the neighbor from West State Street stated that the occupants were banging on the door and asked for her to call 9-1-1 and the Trenton Fire Department was on scene within one minute of her call.

The third today, fire was reported around 9:20 a.m. in the 1st Block of Handcock Street. The fire was in a 2 1/2 story home in the middle of a row was quickly knocked down by firefighters. There were reports of one person suffering smoke inhalation but it was unclear if the person was transported to the hospital.

Another fire was also reported last night, Trenton Fire Department responded to the 100 Block of Jackson Street with a fire reported 2nd floor bedroom fire. Trenton firefighters stretched two lines and knocked the fire down quickly. The fire chief called for the fire marshal for the investigation. It was reported that firefighters were able to keep fire spreading in the bedroom and the residents were able to stay in their home last night.