June 24, 2021
EAST WINDSOR, NJ (MERCER)–East Windsor, Monroe and Hightstown Fire Companies responded to Wayne’s Wash World in the 600 Block of Abbington Drive for a smoke condition. When firefighters arrived they found a smoke condition in the business from a dryer that had clothes inside that were smoking. The fire was contained to the dryer. The clothes were removed and wet down and the dryer was placed out of service. All fire companies returned when completed. No damage to the structure and the business was able to reopen quickly thanks to the early 9-1-1 call and quick response by local fire departments.