Scammers were from Sewaren, Middlesex County and Ewing Township Mercer County
August 11, 2021
Middlesex County Prosecutor Yolanda Ciccone and Chief Dennis McFadden of the Carteret Police Department announce authorities are seeking the public’s assistance in the investigation of three individuals who have been arrested and charged for their involvement in a fraud scheme that yielded the seizure of over $450,000.
On April 3, 2021, Saurabh Bhambri, 27, of Sewaren was charged and arrested for Financial Facilitation of Criminal Activity, Theft by Deception, Identity Theft, and Forgery. Poonam Bhambri, 57, of Sewaren was also charged and arrested for Financial Facilitation of Criminal Activity, Identity Theft, and Forgery. Karan Bhambri, 30, of Ewing was also charged with Conspiracy to Commit Financial Facilitation of Criminal Activity.
The individuals were charged following an investigation by the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office – Special Investigations Unit and the Carteret Police Department with assistance of the Edison Police Department and the Homeland Security Investigation – Newark Field Office.
At present, defendants are alleged to have set up and used several IT businesses to persuade victims to give them remote access to their personal computers in order to obtain their personal identifying and banking information.
Below is a list of businesses with which the defendants are affiliated:
- SR Business Services – Woodbridge Township
- SKR Communications, LLC – Colonia section of Woodbridge Township
- Earthlink Networking Services, LLC – Woodbridge Township
- Inciti Intermodal, LLC – Sewaren section of Woodbridge Township
- Tradex Indous Corporation – Sewaren section of Woodbridge Township
- Business Web, LLC – Ewing Township
- SK Communications – Ewing Township
- Inspired Networking Services, LLC – Dayton section of South Brunswick Township
- Shivoham Partnership, LLC – Ewing Township
- Delloid, LLC – Sewaren section of Woodbridge Township
The investigation is active and continuing. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Christopher Van Eerde of the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office at (732) 745-3300 or Detective Anthony Ramos of the Carteret Police Department at (732) 541-4181.
As is the case with all criminal defendants, the charges against Saurabh Bhambri, Poonam Bhambri, and Karan Bhambri are merely accusations and they are presumed innocent until proven guilty.