May 2, 2022
TRENTON, NJ (MERCER)–The Mercer County Prosecutors office states that a Trenton teenager has been arrested and charged for the March shooting death of a 16-year-old that occurred on Liberty Street, Mercer County Prosecutor Angelo J. Onofri reported.
The 14-year-old Trenton male is charged with second-degree reckless manslaughter and second-degree providing false information to law enforcement. The juvenile was arrested without incident on Friday. He was released on an electronic monitoring bracelet to a shelter with 24-hour supervision.
The charges are the result of an investigation by the Mercer County Homicide Task Force and the Trenton Police Department. Just after 9 p.m. on March 31, 2022, Trenton police responded to a residence in the 100 block of Liberty Street on the report of a teenager shot. Upon arrival, officers located 16-year-old Tahaad Goss lying on the basement stairs suffering a gunshot wound to the face. He was pronounced dead at the scene. There were other teenagers present in the house and a gun was found in the basement.
Names of the 2022 homicide victims in the City of Trenton:
- 2/15/2022 Antwone Barnes, 37, of Trenton, Stabbing
- 2/23/2022 Leonardo Fernandez, 32, of Trenton, Stabbing
- 3/01/2022 Shimon Nesmith Jr., 19, of Trenton, Shooting
- 3/03/2022 Helen Nelson, 73, of Trenton, Physical Assault
- 3/15/2022 Albert L. Barnes, 46, of Trenton, Shooting
- 3/25/2022 Sequoya Bacon-Jones, 9, of Trenton, Shooting
- 3/31/2022 Tahaad Goss, 16, of Trenton, Shooting
- 4/07/2022 Jaquir Queen, 26, of Willingboro, Shooting
- 4/09/2022 Leroy Davis, 31, of Trenton, Shooting
- 5/01/2022 Shooting