May 20, 2023
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, NJ (MERCER)–Just after 6:00 p.m. Hamilton Township Fire Department was dispatched to BJ’s Wholesale Club at 900 Marketplace Boulevard for a reported smoke condition in the rear of the store and the building was evacuated. Upon arrival and investigation, it was determined to be a coolant leak from a large refrigeration unit in the store. A short time later Trenton Fire Department Hazardous Materials Team was called to the scene as well at PSE&G and the Township Fire Marshal. Firefighters set up positive pressure ventilation fans to clear the store of the referigerant. The hazardous materials technicians used monitoring equipment to ensure that the referigerant was dissipating. Just before 8:00 p.m. the Trenton Fire Department Hazardous Materials Team cleared the scene and several Hamilton units stayed on the scene to continue using fans to clear the store. A repair technician was dispatched to make repairs to the cooling system. Once all levels were safe firefighters cleared the scene.
One thought on “Firefighters Respond To Refrigerant Leak In Hamilton Store”
Comments are closed.