February 23, 2020
Today, February 23, the New Jersey Forest Fire Service will be conducting prescribed burning operations in the following areas.
– Mendham – Valley Road
– Bernardsville – Hardscrabble Road
– Andover – Kittatinny Valley State Park
– Shamong – Wharton State Forest
– Bass River – Warren Grove Bombing Range
– Berkeley – Township Line Road
– Berkeley – Dover Forge Road
– Jackson – Jackson Township Schools
– Howell – Atlantic Avenue
– Commercial – Millville Wildlife Management Area
– Lawrence – Millville Wildlife Management Area
– Maurice River – Peaslee Wildlife Management Area
– Franklin – White Oaks Wildlife Management Area
This schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
If in doubt about the source of smoke or fire, call 9-1-1 or 877-WARN-DEP (877-927-6337).
More information about prescribed burning can be found here: https://www.nj.gov/dep/newsrel/2019/19_0029.htm
Monday Februray 24, 2020
The New Jersey Forest Fire Service has determined that the weather conditions on Monday, February 24th will be safe and suitable for prescribed burning.
The Pole Farm and Reed Bryan sections of Mercer Meadows will be CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, beginning Monday morning.
For more information on prescribed burning, please visit: http://mercercountyparks.org/#!/activities/prescribed-burns