February 24, 2020
Today, February 24, the New Jersey Forest Fire Service will be conducting prescribed burning operations in the following areas.
Mercer County – Mercer Meadows
– Little Egg Harbor – Stafford Forge Road
– Barnegat – Greenwood Wildlife Management Area
– Lacey – Double Trouble State Park
– Buena Vista – Highland Ave/Old Landis Ave
– Estell Manor – River Road
– Waterford – Wharton State Forest
This schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
If in doubt about the source of smoke or fire, call 9-1-1 or 877-WARN-DEP (877-927-6337).
More information about prescribed burning can be found here: https://www.nj.gov/dep/newsrel/2019/19_0029.htm