Motor Vehicle Commission Offices are now split into “Licencing Centers” and “Vehicle Centers” make sure your visit the right office for the right service or you’ll just waste more of your time.
July 10, 2020
See official NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Information And Updates Here
TRENTON, NJ (MERCER)–Vehicle Centers and Licensing Centers will be closed Saturday, July 11, and will return to regular operating hours Monday, July 13.
Before heading out to your local Motor Vehicle Commission Office for service check the chart to see if it is a “Licencing Center” or “Vehicle Center”
If you need a licence you will need to go to a “licencing center” and bring all your licence required paperwork with you.
If you need things such as registration, plates and other vehicle items you need to visit a “Vehicle Center”
Please check the official MVC website for updates so you don’t waste hours and hours in line to just be turned away and have to go to another location the next day to restart the process.
Don’t forget your mask or you won’t get in.
What are “Licensing Centers” and “Vehicle Centers”?
In order to maintain social distancing, some agencies have been designated as Licensing Centers and some as Vehicle Centers.
In Vehicle Centers, we are processing vehicle transactions only:
• Registration/title transfers for private sales
• New registrations/titles, individual and in bulk.
• Salvage titles.
• License plate transactions.
• No renewals for unexpired registrations. Those can be done online at NJMVC.gov.
• No license transactions.
In Licensing Centers, we are processing license transactions only:
• First-time licenses and permits (REAL ID will be an option).
• Out-of-state transfers.
• Expired CDLs, TVRs (temporary visa restricted licenses), and any other expired licenses not eligible for online renewal.
• REAL ID, only if:
o You have a scheduled appointment; or
o You have an email verifying your appointment was cancelled; or
o You are due for renewal of your standard license.
• No other REAL ID walk-ins will be allowed.
• No driver knowledge tests are available at this time.
• No renewals, replacements, or changes of address for unexpired licenses/IDs. Those can be
done online at NJMVC.gov.
• No vehicle transactions: no registration or title work.
Everyone who enters the MVC agency will be required to wear a face covering. If a customer cannot wear a face covering, MVC will make other arrangements for their transaction.
Licencing Center, Freehold, NJ:
Vehicle Center, South Brunswick, NJ:
Vehicle Center, Trenton, NJ:
You must be logged in to post a comment.